Beyond the Briefcase: About Me, Brian R. Moore, Family Law and Divorce Attorney
Yes, I’m a divorce attorney, but there’s more to me than legal jargon and courtroom drama. Here’s a peek into the person behind the suit:
Dad, Dog-lover, Outdoorsman, Tech-curious: These are just a few labels that fit, but they only scratch the surface. At my core, I’m a family man who cherishes time with family. When I’m not advocating for clients, you might find me exploring the outdoors, tinkering with tech, or simply enjoying a good laugh (often at my own expense!).
Virginia Roots, Global Interests: My journey started in Virginia, but I spent formative years in North Carolina. Now, alongside my wife (a classically trained opera singer!), we have been active in the Lynchburg community, contributing to various non-profit boards.
Passionate Advocate, Constant Learner: As your divorce attorney, I bring zealous dedication and a creative approach to every case. I’m constantly studying law, psychology, and even persuasion tactics, anything that could give you an edge. I view my role as a blend of strategist and artist, where flexibility and creativity are just as crucial as meticulous planning.
Honest & Compassionate: During our meeting, expect candid conversations and honest assessments. I’ll listen intently, understand your goals, and work alongside you to craft a strategy tailored to your specific needs and priorities.
Remember, I’m here for you: Whether you need a legal guide or simply someone to understand this difficult time, I’m here. Contact me today for a consultation.
Current and Past Professional Activities and Memberships:
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Family Law and Estate Planning Sections Member
- Virginia Bar Association Joint Committee on Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Family Law Section Member
- Virginia Legal Aid Pro Bono Task Force Committee
- Guardian ad litem for children certified by the Virginia Supreme Court
- Virginia Supreme Court certification as both a general and family law mediator
- Certified Collaborative Law Practitioner
- 2017 Appointed to 24th Circuit Committee on the Resolution of Fee Disputes, 3-year term
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Biology – Baylor University
- Baylor Summer Research Scholar
- Bob Gardner Memorial Grant Recipient
- 2000 Ecological Society of America Annual Meeting Research Poster Presenter
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) University of Richmond – T.C. Williams School of Law.
- Kestin Scholarship Grant Recipient
- Law Clerk to Professor Emeritus Wade Berryhill
- Contributor Berryhill’s “Property Law” text book and”Virginia Real Estate Transactions” publications
Past and Present Community Involvement:
- Lynchburg Rotary International
- St. John’s Episcopal Church Day School Board Member
- Opera on the James, board member, past Secretary/Executive Committee
- Lynchburg Symphony Orchestra, past board member/director and development committee chairperson
- Academy of Fine Arts, volunteer
- Lynchburg Estate Planning Council
- Lynchburg Chess Club
Awards and Recognition:
2018 – 2023 Lynchburg Living Magazine named a “Top Family Lawyer” as selected by peers.
2017 Appointed to 24th Judicial Circuit Committee on the Resolution of Fee Disputes
10 Best Family Law Attorneys for Customer Satisfaction – Virginia
2016 American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
The National Advocates, Virginia
The American Society of Legal Advocates, Virginia.
Divorce and Family Law Attorney
The National Advocates, Virginia
Brian R. Moore honored in 2015 by The National Advocates as Top 100 Matrimonial and Family Lawyer for Virginia
December 17, 2014—The National Advocates organization is pleased to announce that Mr. Brian Moore has been selected for inclusion into its Matrimonial and Family Law specialty, an honor given to only a select group of lawyers as recognition of their superior skills and qualifications in the field. The selection for this exclusive list is limited to only 100 attorneys per state who have demonstrated their extraordinary abilities with superior results, a high level of peer respect and client satisfaction.
The National Advocates is a professional organization comprised of premier lawyers from across the country who have demonstrated exceptional qualifications in their area of the law, including Matrimonial and Family Law, Employment Law, Social Security Disability Law, Immigration Law, Bankruptcy Law and Estates, Wills and Trusts. The National Advocates provides accreditation to these distinguished attorneys, and provides essential legal news, information, and education to trial lawyers across the United States.
With the selection of Mr. Moore by The National Advocates, he has shown that he exemplifies superior qualifications, leadership skills, and case results as a legal professional. The selection process for this elite honor is based on a multi-phase process which includes peer nominations combined with third party research. As The National Advocates is an essential source of networking and information for trial attorneys throughout the nation, the final result of the selection process is a credible and comprehensive list of the lawyers chosen to represent their state.
To learn more about The National Advocates, please visit: http://www.thenationaladvocates.org.